cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pushing content

r.crawford
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CDM-4630 and a CE-507. I can get content to the 4630 and can do replication to the 507. How do I push scheduled content to the end devices (laptop) I am using version 3.0 of the software on both the 4630 and the 507.

TIA

Randy

2 Replies 2

r-simpson
Level 3
Level 3

The CE cannot deliver content to destinations other than additional content engines. The remote laptop computers need to initiate requests for the content. Once content arrives at a remote Content Engine, the only way a user (or laptop) can access the content is via a request of the CDM generated URL associated with that content. If you are looking to do some sort of SMS delivery your SMS application needs to make the request for the URL, and support 302 redirection. Once requested, the CDM will issue an HTTP 302 redirection to the closest CE, and the content is then streamed to the laptop.

Hope this helps.

bmonks
Level 1
Level 1

Randy,

I am not sure how the Cisco SE explain the package to you, but Cisco does not push content to the end device. Once the content is on the CE, then it is up to the end device such as a laptop to go out and pull the file. Example, if I pull up the channel page, I see the file, all I do is click on it, then a new window will appear on my desktop. It will be the media that I requested.

Hopefully the SE did not tell you that Cisco will be able to push content directly to your pc. Because that is a false statement.

If you have any questions pls feel free to contact me at robert.monks@globalcrossing.com

I used to work for cisco and this was my specialty.