Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Recommended Design for WAAS in both Data center and Branch Offices

Hi All,

I need to purchase different appliances for WAAS, but before I decide what to purchase, I need to know exactly how I am going to put these devices so that I can know which one to purchase and how the designs will be.

My environment is as follows:

I have two core routers (ASR 1000 series) at Data center, two 6509 switches (expecting to insert the ACE module, and FW module) and the I have access switches which connects servers.

At the branch offices, I am expecting to place ASR1000 series also.

Now, I need to know the recommended designs for these WAAS appliances so that, I can know in advance what to purchase(i.e. how many WAAS CM, Core WAE, and Edge WAE).

Any input will highly be appreciated.

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Recommended Design for WAAS in both Data center and Branch O

If you purchase the Standard Edition, your license supports:

One installation of Cisco Security Manager on one Windows-based server.

The configuration or management of 5 devices (in the Standard-5 option) or 25 devices (in the Standard-25 option). This excludes Catalyst 6500 and 7600 Series devices and their associated service modules.

If you purchase either the Standard-5 or Standard-25 license, you cannot purchase an incremental device license. Your license is fixed at either 5 or 25 devices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content