Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding ACE load balancing

Hi,

I have one server application with two physical servers clustered with one virtual IP address . I have total six ip addresses for one server : details are given below

Cluster IP’s :

Node 1 :

NIC 1 : 10.10.x.x : physical IP address

NIC 2 : 172.16.x.x : heartbeat address used in between server

Node 2 :

NIC 1 : 10.10.x.x : physical ip address

NIC 2 : 172.16.x.x : heartbeat address used in between server

Cluster IP : 10.10.x.x : clustered IP address used to access server

SQL IP : 10.10.x.x : clustered IP address used to access SQL application .

now i want to achieve server load-balancing using ACE module. Please suggest to me fulfil this requirement. how to do this ?

whether i need to remove the virtual IP and directly bind two physical ip to ace virtual ip add.

How do i check ace server load-balancing configuration with live server .... do we have any tool to check the packet behaviour to confirm that load-balancing is happening properly in between two physical servers :

Please guide me and share the knowledge .....................

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: regarding ACE load balancing

Hi Vinod,

You are correct. In order to achieve load-balancing with an ACE blade, you need to configure the addresses of the two severs separately. If you look at the documentation page on cisco.com for ACE (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6906/tsd_products_support_model_home.html) you will find sample configuration for the most commont topologies.

As for how to verify if the load-balancing is working correctly, you can use the command "show serverfarm ", which will list you all the servers in a serverfarm, along with the current and total connection numbers for each of them.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content