Hi,

I have configured 2 resource classes in ACE as follows:

resource-class BE-Nonprod

limit-resource all minimum 20.00 maximum unlimited

limit-resource sticky minimum 20.00 maximum equal-to-min

resource-class FE-Nonprod

limit-resource sticky minimum 20.00 maximum equal-to-min

I have applied it to the respective contexts. When i execute "show resource allocation" on the admin context, I see that the minimum bandwidth is 17.77% instead of 20%(see the attachment)Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong. Please advice.

7 Replies 7

sachinga.hcl
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

send me the output for,

show running-config resource-class

You can also use

limit-resource rate banddwidth minimum 20% maximum unlimited.

It will override the

command.

This command shows the resource allocation but does not show the actual resources being used.

You can display the resource usage for each context from the Admin context by using the show resource usage command in Exec mode. The syntax of this command is as follows:

show resource usage [all | [[context name | summary | top number] [resource {acc-connections | acl-memory | all | conc-connections | mgmt-connections | probes | proxy-connections | rate {bandwidth | connections | inspect-conn | mac-miss | mgmt-traffic | ssl-connections | syslog} | regexp | sticky | syslogbuffer | xlates}]]] [counter [all | current | denied | peak [count_threshold]]]

The keywords, arguments, and options are as follows:

•all-(Optional) Displays the resource usage for each context individually. This is the default setting.

•context name-(Optional) Displays the resource usage for the specified context. The name argument is case sensitive.

•summary-(Optional) Displays the total resource usage for all contexts. For example, the denied column shows the items that have been denied for each context limit.

•top number-(Optional) Displays the greatest n users of a single resource arranged from the highest to the lowest percentage of resources used. You must specify a single resource type. You cannot use the resource all keywords with this option.

•resource-(Optional) Displays statistics for one of the following specified resources:

-acc-connections-Displays the number of application acceleration connections.

-acl-memory-Displays the ACL memory usage.

-all-Displays the resource usage for all resources used by the specified context or contexts.

-conc-connections-Displays the resource usage for the number of simultaneous connections.

-mgmt-connections-Displays the resource usage for the number of management connections.

-probes-Displays the resource usage for the probes.

-proxy-connections-Displays the resource usage for the proxy connections.

-rate-Displays the rate per second for the specified connections or syslog messages.

Kindly send me the output also for

#show resource usage all

best regards

sachin garg

Please see the attachment for the output.

this is because a fraction of the BW is reserved for management traffic (ie: probes, telnet, ssh,...)

So you can only reserve 20% of the allowable BW and this result in 17% of the total BW.

This can be seen here :

bandwidth 2280 230445860 200000000 725000000 0

throughput 1631 230442326 200000000 600000000 0

mgmt-traffic rate 649 3534 0 125000000 0

Gilles.

Can you please elaborate a bit on that. I am not able to understand.

You apparently have an 8G license.

So, 20% is 1.6G which is 200000000 bytes/sec and this is what has been reserved as shown in the command 'show resource usage'.

However, ACE will actually reserve 1G for management traffic.

So your 8G license is actually an 8G + 1G = 9G.

When computing the BW allocated, ACE will use the number 9 and not 8.

So 1.6G out of 9G is only 17.7% but you still have 1.6G allocated.

Hope this makes sense.

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: