cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scripted Keepalive Problem

d.parks
Level 1
Level 1

I've run into an issue with a new scripted keepalive. I've created the script and copied it to a CSS11000. I can run the script manually and it works as expected, however when I add it to a service, it is not run. After the service is activated, the service shows down, and the following information is shown for the script:

Script Error: None (suspended)

Script Run Time: Did not finish

I know I've run into similar issues when upgrading the CSS code. After restoring archived scripts within the new version, I'd have to reboot the CSS before I could use them in keepalives.

I'd prefer not to have to reboot my production switches if there is another way to get this to work.

3 Replies 3

sean.cheney
Level 1
Level 1

It's been my experience that you're gonna need another reboot. I've never been able to get a workaround for this...

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

suspended and did not finish indicates the script hangs.

We had a bug a couple months ago related to this - CSCdy74475

Not sure which version you are using but it's worth to look at.

Gilles.

Thanks Gilles,

I am quite backlevel on this particular pair of CSS's. I loaded the newest code on a CSS in the lab and did not have this problem.

Looks like I need to schedule an upgrade for the production boxes.

-Dominic

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: