cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serverfarm Redirect Current Connections

aanelso1
Level 1
Level 1

We use a Serverfarm redirect for sites we require to use SSL. The rserver redirect is configured with variables for the hostname (%h) and uri (%p) as follows:

serverfarm redirect SSL

rserver SSL

inservice

rserver redirect SSL

webhost-redirection https://%h%p 302

inservice

That serverfarm is the default class for the load balancing policy for class maps using tcp port 80.

The problem is that the current connections for the serverfarm keep incrementing. My concern is that once this increments to 4,000,000 the serverfarm will no longer accept any connections.

I have cleared the connections to the serverfarm and that changes the total connections, but does nothing to the current connections.

Attached file has sho serverfarm SSL detail output.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

SSL-Redirect-Connections.bmp

3 Replies 3

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version do you run ?

That sounds like a counter bug.

Do a show conn to verify if you have that amount of connections established or not.

If not, upgrade to the latest version as there were fixes in this area of the code.

If problem persists, open a service request with the TAC to report the problem,

Gilles.

We are running version A2(2.4). Thanks.

My apologies...I have run a sho conn and those connections are not in the connection table. However, my concern is more with the way that the serverfarm manages its allowed connections, with 4,000,000 being the max number of connections per serverfarm. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: