cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared VLAN Host-ID

shday
Level 1
Level 1

I have an HA ACE configuration and I'm thinking about setting the shared vlan host-id to a static number instead of allowing the ACE to randomly choose the id pool it wants to use.

My question is if I don't have the shared-vlan-hostid already set, when I make the change and I set the unique host id will this cause an interuption in data flow through the ACE.  I'm trying to determine the impact of making this change.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sivaksiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the commands are added to and existing installation, then a reboot will be required to get the new Host ID, and hence the bank of MAC addresses, to take effect. So to avoid impact, if you are running active/standby, you can reboot one by one using the redudancy.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would recommend you move this question to the Data Center -> Application Networking forum where the people who have expertise with load-balancing answer questions.

This should give you a much better response to your question.

Jon

sivaksiv
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the commands are added to and existing installation, then a reboot will be required to get the new Host ID, and hence the bank of MAC addresses, to take effect. So to avoid impact, if you are running active/standby, you can reboot one by one using the redudancy.