Views
Helpful
Replies

Shifting rservers on the ACE module

AJAZ NAWAZ
Level 5
Level 5

hi all

I wanted to please ask about moving rservers from serverfarm1  -to-  serverfarm2

Can anyone please list out the order in steps to complete this trivial task?

I'm asking since it was suggested to me to remove the entire VIP and all associated config, and then redeploy it, and that seemed somewhat excessive.

many thanks

4 Replies 4

litrenta
Level 3
Level 3

Aziz

Are you looking to move the servers to farm 2 and service the same vip with this farm ?

you can create farm2 with the same servers as farm1 then just change the farm in the load balance policy.

Perhaps if you can be more specific as to the purpose of the move we can come up with a strategy.

Regards

serverfarm_A

rserver1

rserver2

rserver3

rserver4

!

!

serverfarm_B

rserver11

rserver12

rserver13

rserver14

-----------------------------

the requirement is to shift rserver3  and  rserver4 to serverfarm_B

Essentially the requirement is quite simple, but I don't know if the VIP wil be same or not and in any event I really don't think that'll matter.

all you need to do is put rserver 3 and 4 in farm b (can exist in both farms.)

Then you go to farm A an do no inservice on these servers(under serverfarm/rserver) if you wish to let existing connections gracefully close (use show serverfarn serverfarm_A to monitor existing connections)

servers can and often do exist in multiple serverfarms.

Regards

Correct,

Rserver can co-exist in different serverfarms at the same time or only in one, it depends on your needs.

Jorge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: