Views
Helpful
Replies

Smartfilter Self definied lists

jfoerster
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm running ACNS 5.0.x and a customer of mine wants to have about 500 URLs blocked in a user defined category nevertheless if it is blocked by smartfilter or not. In ACNS 4.x this was quite easy as the config file for Smartfitler was an XML-File which could be included edited quite easy.

With ACNS 5 we are using the smarftilter admin server and I found out, that the file where the URLS are configured is calles site.txt. Unfortunately the edited file (e.g. adding URLS manually in this file via a script) is not possible as the Admin-Server/gui always tries to get the config from the CES. Is there a way to get the manualy edited site.txt imported into the admin server?

Regards,

Joerg

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

You would have to use the Custom site option on the gui window to exempt or add sites. Here's the link which explains the step by step process.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/webscale/uce/acns50/smft31/sfch06.htm#92718

HI,

you are absolute right but this is the copy and paste method which is not quite usefull if you have about 500 URLs to add manually. In the old ACNS/Smartfilter version it was possible to add the XML-File and deploy it. I'm searching for a way like this in ACNS 5.0 and SMF 3.12

Regards,

Joerg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: