cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP related error message on CSS

nimrit.dhesi
Level 1
Level 1

My customer has seen the following syslog error message appear a few times over the past few weeks:

OCT 17 14:37:04 1/1 1183 NETMAN-4: ewaNamespaceGet_snmp: unsupported type returned as a result of an Envoy GET: 0x81

I have checked on CCO and done an Internet search but cannot find any information relating to this particular message.

I have suggested putting a sniffer on the same segment as the CSS, that way theycan see packets destined for the CSS with SNMP port number- to see which device(s) are polling the CSS.

Could you please assist in identifying what the message means, and what action (if any) needs to be taken to stop the message recurring.

Regards,

ND

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

this could be a bug.

The issue is still not impacting CSS functionality as only related to the GUI.

I would suggest to open a case with the TAC so they can report the issue to development.

Thanks,

Gilles.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

what software version ?

We had bug matching this description - CSCec89382 [internal only] and it was fixed in 7.30

The message just indicates a problem with the GUI.

So it should have no impact on traffic.

Regards,

Gilles.

Thanks for the feedback Gilles.

Product Name: CSS11503-AC E0

SW Version: 07.40.2.02

They have 7.40 running on this box. Is this then a recurrence of the same bug or some other issue..

Thanks,

Nim

Nim,

actually I just noticed the bug removed some information from the error message but did not suppress it.

This messages appears when using the following function in the GUI : 'Monitor -> Proximity'.

This should not impact the CSS.

Regards,

Gilles.

Thanks for rating this answer.

Gilles,

We shall test after disabling this function to confirm it will suppress these messages. I will keep you posted with outcome.

Thanks for your assistance.

Nim

The syslog is actually caused by clicking on Summary/Web Content/Content Services not Monitor/Proximity.

Could this be a bug..?

this could be a bug.

The issue is still not impacting CSS functionality as only related to the GUI.

I would suggest to open a case with the TAC so they can report the issue to development.

Thanks,

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: