Views
Helpful
Replies

Snmpwalk

UHansen1976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to retrieve information about my rservers, associated ip-addresses and current state. I'm using the following syntax:

snmpwalk -c snmp4you@MED-TEST 10.10.5.36

MED-TEST is the user context and 10.10.5.36 is the ip of the admin-context, as I've understood, that all snmp-interaction has to be done via the Admin-context. I get tons of output back, but nothing about rservers and associated info.

I'm most likely doing something wrong, but I can't seem to find out what.

/Ulrich

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ulrich,

not all show commands are available via snmp.

Check the mibs to see what is available.

cesRserverTable

"A table of real servers. A real server

is identified by a name."

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=cesRserverTable++&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT

Gilles.

Hi Gilles,

Thanks.

But when I do an snmpwalk using the following string snmpwalk -c snmp4you@MED-TEST 10.10.5.36 .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.470.1.1.1.1.1, I get the msg 'no MIB objects contained under subtree'.

I'm still confused as to whether the snmpwalk actually tries to gather information from the usercontext and not the admin-context.

Also, at the object-navigator url you provided me, the permission says 'not accessible'. Am I to understand, that I cannot retrieve this information via snmp.

/Ulrich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: