Problem is that if I connect the CE to the network

then for all the network CE's IP will act as source IP

ie, Suppose if I am sending a mail sitting in this

network to you the source IP (or recieved from ) will

be CE's IP .

If I am not connecting CE to the network you will get

the source IP as that of the machine which I am using

to send the mail .

Can any one tell me what could be the problem and how to solve it so that the source IP will be that of the requester.

Is there any IP spoofing involved in this.

Regards,

Seetharaman.A

2 Replies 2

John Bunney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am assuming that you are setting this up with WCCP either ver 1 or 2 and requesting info specifically regarding the caching functionality of the CE (not the CDN aspect of the CE). If the above assumptions are correct, then a few things to keep in mind are:

1) WCCP by default will only redirect port 80 traffic so mail shouldn't be a concern unless you specify SMTP port 25 to be redirected.

2) The reason the CE proxies the connection is to insure that the return path flows through the CE so the content can be cached and thus get your savings. For the vast majority of applications this should be ok for those that must see the true client source IP we can use the bypass command listed here: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/webscale/uce/acns41/cref41/13952cli.htm#xtocid10 to have the client be passed directly through the CE (note caching will not be performed on this "bypassed" traffic.

I hope this info helps!

Hi,

That piece of information was really good. So is there any way to log; what all sites are accessed by the user.

Regards,

Seetharaman.A

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: