Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

special cable for CSS

Hi

I havce a new CSS 11000 but it seem that i have misplace all the cable. Is there anyway i can configure the the CSS. I had tried the consloe cable but with no avail. Is there a default IP with i can use via the management port.

Please Advise. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: special cable for CSS

The console pinout is not a standard Cisco pinout.:

CSS (11000): RJ-45

1 DTR

2 TX -> *

3 RX <- *

4 RTS

5 CTS

6 DSR

7 GND *

8 DCD

*min required, -> means leaving the CSS, <- entering the CSS

David

4 REPLIES

The console pinout is not a standard Cisco pinout.:

CSS (11000): RJ-45

1 DTR

2 TX -> *

3 RX <- *

4 RTS

5 CTS

6 DSR

7 GND *

8 DCD

David

Hi David,

This is one end of the RJ-45, may I know what will be the pin out for the other end of the cable?

Cisco Employee

The following cable pinout can be used for connecting the CSS 11000 console to a PC with a standard Cisco DB-9 adapter. Please see the Related Informationsection for more information about cable pinouts for the CSS 11000 series.

Full Cable (includes rollover and it is reversible):

-----Comm-server-side -----------------------------------Arrowpoint-side------------

---Color----------Purpose --- PIN #--- PINOUT -----PIN #----Purpose----------Color--

white-orange-----CTS-----------1--      1-1        --1------------------white-orange

------orange-----DSR-----------2--      2-6        --2---------RxD-------------green

-white-green-----RxD-----------3--      3-3        --3---------TxD-------white-green

--------blue-----GND-----------4--      4-7        --4-------------------white-brown

--white-blue-----GND-----------5--      5-5        --5--------------------white-blue

-------green-----TxD-----------6--      6-2        --6------------------------orange

-white-brown-----DTR-----------7--      7-4        --7---------GND--------------blue

-------brown-----RTS-----------8--      8-8        --8-------------------------brown

This comes from the following url:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/contnetw/ps789/products_tech_note09186a00800a3f28.shtml#cable

Gilles.

If you want to connect to a PC :

CSS (11000): RJ-45 Standard PC 9 pin Serial port

1 DTR

2 TX -> * 2

3 RX <- * 3

4 RTS

5 CTS

6 DSR

7 GND * 5

8 DCD

good luck, you are working with the most difficult protocol of all RS-232.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content