cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL Export Import between context failure ACE 4710 A5(1.2)

Tim Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading a VDI environment that uses existing context with SSL certs/keys by creating a new context with the new VDI servers.  I have successfully exported all certs/keys out of existing context; however, upon importing into newly created context, the SSL key continually errors stating file not of recognized types - PEM, DER, or PKCS12, import failed.  There is no passphrase with the cert and it is exportable.

Its an existing functioning SSL cert chain in production with no issues.  Is there something special/unique that is required beyond the simple export/import?  I was unable to find any documentation beyond the basics.

1 Reply 1

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If you have exported the files from ACE, you should be able to import them back as well. What format does it show right now? You can covert to the supported format if it is any other than above from link below:

https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html

You can also try , crypto export <file name> terminal and then copy that output and paste it in another window using crypto import <filename> and see if that helps.

If the issue persists i would suggest opening a TAC case and let them a have a look over webex.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kanwal

Note: Please mark answers if they are helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: