Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL/TLS Termination Device

guan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a TLS/SSL termination device available at Cisco? The TLS is used to tunnel traffic for RTSP control session and streaming.

Thanks

Guan

3 Replies 3

Hi Kimihito,

You right, for https yes, i know they support TLS/SSL termination, for SSL offloading.

The big question here is does this support arbitrary protocols running over SSL tunneling, in particular interest for running RTSP over TLS?

the scene is that some of our customer home wireless router blocks rtsp protocol( inspection not working) from STB connected behind the router. Is it possible to setup TLS/SSL tunnel from the STB directly to the ACE20, which can increase security and bypass the router inspections.

Kind Rgds,

Guan

Hi Guan,

Sorry for the delay, I had been off.

ACE does not support RTSP over SSL at this moment and I think it is not on the list.

If you have your Cisco representative, could you please consult with him or her about a possibility of an enhancement ?

Regards,

Kimihito.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: