Helpful
Replies

standby ACE20-MOD-K9 reboots on its own

Fernando Bello
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

I am experiencing the following problem:

I have 2 Cat 6509-E switches in VSS configuration with 2 ACE modules. One in each Cat6k. 

The ACE modules are running the following:

Software

loader:    Version 12.2[120]

system:    Version A2(3.2a) [build 3.0(0)A2(3.2a)]

We have only 2 contexts, the Admin and another one that we redirect traffic to WAAS equipment. The ANM soft running is only used for stats about the ACEs. It is version 5.2.

Since last week, the standby ACE module reboots on it own. It rebooted between 10 and 15 times until we had to leave the module PwrDown due to the constant reboots.

I tried to find any bug in the soft but I could not find anything related to that.

Had anyone has this problem? Or is aware of a bug? Or what tests should I run to discard a hardware problem/software problem?

thanks in advance for your help

Fernando

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
7 Replies 7

Fernando Bello
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I forgot to say that the reason displayed in the standby ACE module for rebooting is:

last boot reason:  Service "cfgmgr"

your help will be much appreciated.

Fernando

Hello Fernando,

Basically, you may need to collect a #show tech-support and also the core dumps files and open a TAC case then we can decode the core dumps to provide you with the software defect which affected you.

Here you have a link about getting the core dumps:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Application_Control_Engine_(ACE)_Troubleshooting_Guide_--_Overview_of_ACE_Troubleshooting#Copying_Core_Dumps

Jorge

Thanks Jorge,

I'll be opening a case in CISCO and let you know the results.

thanks again,

Fernando

Hello Fernando,

It is a pleasure

Jorge

Hello Fernando,

Did they tell you what caused your crash?

Jorge

Jorge

The problem was a bug on the ACE software. We had to upgrade to A2(3.6a). It was a problem with SNMP that made reboot the module. The bug is CSCtj11617 and the ANM software version that was querying the module with SNMP messages was 5.2.

Thanks for all your help.

Fernando

It sounds good

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: