Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TCP Probe on ACE 4710

Hi,

I am trying to configure proble on ACE device and I have few queries on those:

1. I want to probe 10 different tcp ports for a serverfarm, is there any way i can give the range on probe ? if not and if i have to probe individual port and then configure in a serverfarm, how it would behave i.e. I want to fail the probe only when all the configured ports are failed.

2. I am trying to configure probe for a particular tcp port, but I suppose server is not sending RST to that port, so probe is failing. However if I try to telnet that port from any other location it is getting connected. How can I configure probe in that case for that port ?

Pls. suggest.

Thanks

Pawan

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: TCP Probe on ACE 4710

You will need to configure a probe for each port.

Add all the probes to the serverfarm.

Use the command "fail-on-all" under the serverfarm.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA3_1_0/command/reference/servfarm.html#wp1106543

Gilles.

Thanks Gilles, Could you pls. suggest on my 2nd query too ?

2. I am trying to configure probe for a particular tcp port, but I suppose server is not sending RST to that port, so probe is failing. However if I try to telnet that port from any other location it is getting connected. How can I configure probe in that case for that port ?

Thanks.

Cisco Employee

You should sniff the traffic ...if the probe is down it means the server did not respond to our SYN.

We do not expect a RST.

Gilles.

Views
Helpful
Replies