Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

The TFO accelerator is overloaded (connection limit) and MAPI problems

Hi All!

Problem description:

When MAPI acceleration (exchange/outlook) is Active in our WAAS environment, the remote site users randomly lose connection to the Exchange server (on hub site), if I disable the MAPI acceleration everything works ok.  so right now we are running with MAPI accelearation Disabled

I can see that we often get max_conn_reject The TFO accelerator is overloaded (connection limit), we haven't done any adjustments to the default configuration. 

The environment is one Hubsite with two remote sites.

[Hub Site] 34mbit

HW=OE674

SW=4.1.5

inline

Enterprise Lic

[Remote Site1] 4 mbit

HW=OE474

SW=4.1.5

inline

Enterprise Lic

[Remote Site2] 4mbit

HW=OE474

SW=4.1.5

inline

Enterprise Lic

So the question is how to solve this?!                                

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: The TFO accelerator is overloaded (connection limit) and MAP

I had a feeling that you might have alot of computer remotely.

One of the main factors in sizing a WAAS soluiton is to keep in mind the number of TCP connections that a single WAE can optimize.

We limit the device on optimized TCP connections.After you hit the limit the device will go into the overload state that you mentioned.

274 - 200 connections

474 - 400 connections.

Typically from a sizing a single workstation would be sized from 7-10 TCP connections.

The 2nd factor in sizing is bandwidth - WAAS doesn't limit bandwidth but this is recommended for the CPU throughput.

274 - 2 Megs

474 - 4 Megs

The 3rd factor is redundancy,. HA, etc.

Thanks,

Eric

remember if this answrs your questions, please mark as answered and with a 5.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

How many users / computers are at the remote locations?

Hi Eric!

Remote site1 = 450 computers

Remote site2 = 250 computers

/Hakan

Cisco Employee

I had a feeling that you might have alot of computer remotely.

One of the main factors in sizing a WAAS soluiton is to keep in mind the number of TCP connections that a single WAE can optimize.

We limit the device on optimized TCP connections.After you hit the limit the device will go into the overload state that you mentioned.

274 - 200 connections

474 - 400 connections.

Typically from a sizing a single workstation would be sized from 7-10 TCP connections.

The 2nd factor in sizing is bandwidth - WAAS doesn't limit bandwidth but this is recommended for the CPU throughput.

274 - 2 Megs

474 - 4 Megs

The 3rd factor is redundancy,. HA, etc.

Thanks,

Eric

remember if this answrs your questions, please mark as answered and with a 5.

I am having a same issue.

I am having a same issue. What's the solution ? I seen few facts that also apply to my network but I didn't seen a proposed solution.

Views
Helpful
Replies