Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to authenticate via Radius

jteixido
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am unable to authenticate via Radius, the ACE server does not even see an attempt by the module. The following is my config in the Admin context:

radius-server retransmit 3

radius-server host 10.9.48.135 key 7 "*****" auth-port 1645 authentication ac

counting

radius-server host 10.3.8.213 key 7 "*****" auth-port 1645 authentication acc

ounting

aaa group server radius radius

aaa authentication login default group radius local

aaa accounting default group radius

Is there anything different that I need to configure on the ACE or the ACE server?

John..

6 Replies 6

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi John,

Under the "aaa group server radius radius" statement I'd expect to see server statements adding the previously defined radius servers. E.g see Command Reference manual under "(config) aaa group server" or Security Manual page 2-9++.

HTH

Cathy

Cathy,

Could you please send me the link for the Command Reference Manual?

Thank you,

John...

Cathy,

You RULE, I found the Command Reference Manual and made the changes as you suggested. The problem I am now having is that when I log on via Radius I do not log on as the admin and cannot make any changes.

I read a previous thread from you that the change now has to happen in ACS, since I am not the ACS admin here can you please give me some detailed instruction on how the make the necessary changes to ACS so that I can relay it to my ACS admin?

Thank you very much,

John...

John,

I don't use the ACS Radius either - but your admin can be pointed at the ACE documentation I referred to in the other thread. He/She should be able to work out what to do. It is generally easy to configure this using the ACS GUI. Failing that they could ask a question on the appropriate forum.

Kind Regards

Cathy

Thank you...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: