cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to enable Core Server

sbeukenkamp
Level 1
Level 1

Following the documented steps to enable CIFS acceleration, but for some reason I am unable to enable the "enable core server" option (same applies to "edge server".

Am I missing something ?

Please advise,

Sijbren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, you now just use the check boxes like in figure 12.1 here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v411/configuration/guide/policy.html#wp1066936

Print services depend on what are you trying to do. I recommend using either the new Windows on WAAS Vitural Blade or Centralized Print Acceleration (again, just a check box to turn it on). The legacy Samba Print services is still available, with almost the same configuration as 4.0.

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sijbren,

If you are using WAAS 4.1.x and using CIFS AO, you don't need core and edge services, just enable the AO for CIFS acceleration.

If you are using WAAS 4.0, then enable the CIFS edge/core services via the GUI. If you are using legacy mode in 4.1, then you need to have the CIFS AO disabled before you can enable the edge or core services. Once edge and core services are enabled, then you can create connectivity directives.

However, I recommend you use the transparent cifs acceleration in the new CIFS AO in 4.1, it's easier to setup and takes advantage of bi-directional acceleration.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Need to buy a new book ;-). Note that the online documentation just tells me other wise.

running 4.1.1c. So in essence I do not have to do anything anymore ? Wow. Going to love WAAS !

Any suggestions about print services ? Since documentation is not fully updated yet.

Appreciate helping me out !

Yeah, you now just use the check boxes like in figure 12.1 here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v411/configuration/guide/policy.html#wp1066936

Print services depend on what are you trying to do. I recommend using either the new Windows on WAAS Vitural Blade or Centralized Print Acceleration (again, just a check box to turn it on). The legacy Samba Print services is still available, with almost the same configuration as 4.0.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: