cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping peer ip address on VLAN

cisco_lite
Level 1
Level 1

The ACE active & standby modules are completely in synch, however I cannot ping the peer ip address of the vlan given below. I can't ping the ip address 1.1.1.42 from within the standby ACE module as well. Ping is allowed in the service-policy permitall via management policy-map. What could be the reason ?

vlan 80 is not shared and defined in admin context.

Active ACE Module:

interface vlan 80

ip address 1.1.1.41 255.255.255.0

peer ip address 1.1.1.42 255.255.255.0

mac-sticky enable

access-group input permitvlantraffic

service-policy input permitall

no shutdown

3 Replies 3

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

The primary-inservice option has been added to the loadbalance vip icmp-reply active command in policy map class configuration mode. When you specify this option, the ACE replies to an ICMP ping only if the primary server farm state is UP, regardless of the state of the backup server farm. If this option is enabled and the primary server farm state is DOWN, the ACE discards the ICMP request and the request times out.

I haven't mentioned anything about policy-map. The given vlan interface has been defined on ACE for management purpose only. No custom class-map/policy-map has been configured for management IP posted in the given configuration.

Also, the policy-map in the given config is management type only and not load balance type. No primary inservice has been setup for management type policy map.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: