cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding Nexus clock/Time output

fsebera
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to determine the last time a spanning-tree topology change occured on my Nexus 7000.

Is this output saying the last topology change happened 497 hours ago which is 497/24 = 20 days : 55 minutes : and 8 seconds ago?

Nexus-7000# sh spanning-tree detail | i last
  Number of topology changes 57 last change occurred 497:55:08 ago

Nexus-7000# sh clock
20:31:07.507 UTC Thu Dec 05 2013

Thanks

Frank

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

You have asked the question in wrong community but you are correct in your understanding. 497 in the above output is the number of hours last change in spanning tree topology occurred.

Regards,

Kanwal

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Frank,

You have asked the question in wrong community but you are correct in your understanding. 497 in the above output is the number of hours last change in spanning tree topology occurred.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hey Kanwal,

Thanks for the conformation. I just took a wild stab at the numbers.

So I performed a search within the "global community" area and only found this group with references to Nexus.

Is there a better more direct group for Nexus? I have a LOT of questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much

Frank

Hi Frank,

Yes sir there are other communities like Lan switching and other data center subjects.

You can find LAN SWITCHING under network infrastructure and you can find "other data center subjects" under data center.

Regards,

Kanwal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: