Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading the CSMs

lukaszkhalil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I would like to know is is possible to upgrade the CSMs modules from for example version 4.2(4) to 4.2(6) without breaking the production traffic that is passing the module, or with some minor impact.

With other Cisco service modules it is possible to do the upgrade withing the minor version without any problems.

I could not find anything about that in the Internet, so I hope someone know the answer.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Lukas

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Lukas,

you can upload the new version without impacting production traffic, but it won't take effect until next reload.

The reload is required and will impact production traffic as can be expected.

G.

Ok, thank you.

But what about, if I have a pair of redundant CSMs. Is it possible to have the two CSMs working with different software versions and still working in redundancy ?

For example, I would upgrade the standby one, reload it, than make the standby unit active (by changing the ft priority) and do the same upgrade with the previous active one.

Lukas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: