cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading WAE-612-K9

clayhawks
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to create a new software file in CMS so that I can upgrade my new non-production devices. The problem I'm running into is in the "Software Version" field on the "Creating New Software File" page. I'm trying to use the WAAS-4.0.19.14-K9.bin file that I downloaded from Cisco today. The current version is 4.0.9.b.10.

I've tried putting the new software version in the "Software Version" field, but I keep getting back a message that tells me "Transaction not completed". "Please enter a valid format for the Software Version".

The instructions refer to the following: Specify the version in one of two formats: X.Y.Z-bB or X.Y.Z.b.B

where X=major version,Y=minor version, Z=maintenance version, b=build letter, and B=build number.

Here are the different forms I've tried:

4.0.19.14-

4.0.19.14-K9

4.0.19.14-K9.

4.0.19.14-K9.bin

None work. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clay,

You should use the following...

4.0.19.b.14

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Clay,

You should use the following...

4.0.19.b.14

Hope that helps,

Dan

Yep, that did the trick. Some of the time the answer is right in front of your face, you know? Just seemed odd to insert a b in the middle of the filename...

Thanks.

Clay Hawks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: