Views
Helpful
Replies

Using the Local Director static command

a.proctor
Level 1
Level 1

A few questions:-

1. I understand that this can be used to change the source IP address for real server oubound connections. Please confirm if this is just for connections that are initiated by the stipulated real servers.

2. I have a group of servers already being load balanced by a virtual using port 80 and want to use the static command to change the source IP address for connections that are initiated by the real servers to port 80. Could some just provide a few lines of sample config for this. Many Thanks

1 Reply 1

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, for outbound connections that the real server makes (not in response to a user accessing the virtual server), the IP address is translated to the virtual IP address identified by the static command. If the real_ip exists as a real server, then the outbound connection is counted toward the number of connections for that real server (that is, it will affect load balancing); otherwise, the connection is only translated and does not affect load balancing.

I am not sure about the static configuration for a particular port. Anyone else would like to comment?