Views
Helpful
Replies

VIP for two WAE-612's acting as Cache Engines

jimmy.m.murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me is there a specific way of having a VIP for two Cache Engines, but not on the CSS, but actually between the CE's themselves. So a master slave scenario?

The reason i ask is that I am following this guide: Document ID: 42162 that Giles posted for configuring a transparent cache with a css and configuring client side IP spoofing.

My network setup is as follows:

Mobiles -> GGSN ->Firewalls ->CSS -> WAP.

WAP -> CSS -> CE ->www -> CE ->CSS ->WAP

then WAP -> back to Mobile.

We only allow a x.x.72.250 VIP in and out on the firewall. Ultimately I also want both our cache engines to make requests from the WAP server IP's, which are in a group (wap-group) added as a service, so they get NAT'ed as the x.x.72.250 VIP on the way back out. This was my way of getting the CE's to be NAT'ed on to that same address as well.

Does this make sense? I hope so.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Thanks in advance guys.

James

1 Reply 1

catliao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

You may want to try adding the vip as the secondary ip addresses on the CEs. That should enable the CEs to respond to traffic sent to the vip and load-balanced to the CE.

Catherine

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: