Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

VSERVER with two SERVERFARMS

Hi all,

I have one  “serverfarm1 ” which belongs to vserver “Vserver1” with VIP ip address 192.168.18.211 and listens on port 4050.

The request is these real servers to have access to a  VIP ip address (192.168.18.216) of a second vserver "Vserver2" on port 8080.

Vserver2 has already a serverfarm and having in mind that only one server farm is allowed per Vserver it's seems a little complicated.

What i am thinking is to create a new Vserver let's say "Vserver3" with the same VIP and port .Is this possible?Could you suggest any other solutions.

The CSM is configured in Router mode.

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

VSERVER with two SERVERFARMS

Hi Elias,

So if i have understood correctly, real servers in "serverfarm1" need to access VIP 192.168.18.216 on port 8080 and  there is already a serverfarm associated with Vserver2. This would be no different than normal load balancing other than the fact that here the client is a server which belongs to another serverfarm and is accessing VIP which will loadbalance the request to another set of servers in a different serverfarm.

Regards,

Kanwal

Views
Helpful
Replies