cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.0 redirection: Only edge redirection for WAFS?

g.paz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I am migrating from WAFS 3.0 to WAAS 4.0, but I am only interested in using WAFS for CIFS traffic (no other application optimizations at the moment).

In version 3 we do not use WCCP service 89 redirection at CORE side (because Edge uses a tunnelled connection through TCP port 4050, directly to the Core). We did not use a ?out-of-band network? for WAEs either.

Is it possible to maintain the same reditrection schema in version 4 (only for CIFS optimization)?

The CIFS optimization is still tunnelled between core and edge?

Is it possible to re-image a WAAS 4 WAE with WAFS 3 software image using recovery CD?(I do not care about loosing configuration)

Thanks in advance.

Gustavo.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, but keep in mind that the behavior will change in a future release.

Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Gustavo,

In the current version of WAAS (4.0.1 or 4.0.3) we do not require WCCP at the Core. However, this will change in a future release.

At the Edge, it is required that the WAE is deployed on a separate subnet from the clients, even if you are only using the WAFS functionality.

To answer your last question, you can install WAFS 3.0 or WAAS 4.0 using the recovery CD method.

Zach

Zach:

Thanks por your answer. I have another question:

Since it is not necessary to use WCCP at the core site if only use WAFS. Can I avoid using separate subnet on the CORE site? Or is it mandatory too?

Remember I will use only CIFS (WAFS) aceleration.

Thanks in advance,

Gustavo.

Yes, but keep in mind that the behavior will change in a future release.

Zach