Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAAS 4.1.3 Optimization

I have a strange issue. I have two sites connected via T3 MPLS. One site (A) is doing a file transfer from the other site (B)and as of now has pulled about 6GB from B. The WAAS at site A shows the connection as being optimized to the point of only pulling about 2MB. Which as far as the WAAS is concerned is 100% optimization. The WAAS at site B shows the connection as having about 2 MB of optimized traffic being sent. So far so good. However, the T3 serial interface of site A shows an inbound utilization of about 13Mb/s and the bulk of that is from this particular connection from site A to B. Site B's T3 serial interface outbound shows no such amount of traffic and in fact is quite quiet. What is going on here? I know there is a bug where Netflow packets can be counted twice using GRE return from a WAAS but this is ridiculous. I can see Netflow haing a problem (but even doubling the flow should only show about 4MB) but why is the serial interface inbound showing so much traffic. No other flow at the site is even close by comparison so I know the numbers are related to this particular file transfer.Has anyone else seen anything like this. The WAAS software is 4.1.3 and the router is a 3845 running 12.4(15)T3.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

WAAS 4.1.3 Optimization

Did you ever get anywhere with this?  We too see this issue, and I believe it's a bug, but wondered what others have discovered, or figured out, etc...

Views
Helpful
Replies