I have an interesting problem with the CIFS accelerator and wanted to see if you've seen similar problems.
Initially started troubleshooting when a user at Site A (WAAS 4.1.3 w/ CIFS AO on) tried to logon to the network with his profile information stored at Site B (WAAS 4.1.3 w/ CIFS AO on). I had just enabled the CIFS AO on both of the WAEs.
The user could not logon on his first attempt since I enabled the CIFS AO on both sides. Then one of the SysAdmins (trying to resolve the users issue) tried to copy the users profile from the Site B server to the Site A server. The SysAdmin could successfully map the drive but indicated the copy job for his profile directory did not work.
Once I had this background I started troubleshooting and wanted to see if I could replicate the problem. Here are the results of my testing:
1) With CIFS AO enabled at Site A and Site B, tried to copy entire user profile directory from A to B (and B to A). I could map the drive and saw the session being optimized with TFO/DRE/LZ and CIFS AO. The copy job started but I then got an error indicating that 'Cannot copy identifydb.obj. Cannot find the file specified'
2) With CIFS AO enabled at Site A and Site B, was able to successfully copy any single file bidirectionally b/w A and B.
3) Repeated test 1 and this time the copy job started and I got an erro indicating that ''Cannot copy registry.dat. Cannot find the file specified'
4) Turned off the CIFS AO on both Site A and Site B WAE's, tried to copy entire user profile directory from A to B. Saw the session being optimized with TFO/DRE/LZ. It took a while but the ~ 30MB profile copied successfully.
5) Repeated step 1 with Site C and Site D, with CIFS AO enabled. Tried to copy the entire user profile from C to D ( and D to C). I could map the drive and saw the session being optimized with TFO/DRE/LZ and CIFS AO. The copy job started but then I got an error indicating that 'Cannot copy properties131_04. Cannot find the file specified'
I repeated step 4 multiple times with CIFS AO disabled and successfully copied the profile directory every time (b/w multiple sites and with multiple profiles). I was never able to successfully copy the entire profile directory with the CIFS AO enabled. It seemed to be a different small file everytime that caused the copy process to halt.
HTTP AO works fine and all other traffic flows seem to work well through the TFO/LZ/DRE accelerators.
I'm assuming the same issue causing the profile to be copied via the CIFS AO is why users can't logon when I have CIFS AO enabled. Has anyone
VMware Trunk Port Group is supported from ACI version 2.1
VMM integration must be configured properly
ASA device package must be uploaded to APIC
ASAv version must be compatible with ACI and device package version
In the Previous articles of ACI Automation, we are using Postman/Newman as the Rest API tool to automate the ACI Configuration.
In this article I’m going to discuss on usin...
One of the first steps in building your ACI Fabric is to go through Fabric Discovery. While Fabric Discovery is usually a straightforward process, there are various issues that may prevent you from discovering an ACI switch. This article wil...