Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS 4.1 not identifying disk00

mauricioharley
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends,

I got two units of WAE-512 with ACNS 5.5.9 software built-in. I downloaded the WAAS 4.1.1c build b16 Rescue CD and, after installed it, my disk00 is displayed with the following status:

"disk00: Not present or not responding".

Previously, with ACNS, both disks (00 and 01) were quite good.

What could be happening? I tested with both appliances and got the same result.

My platform is WAE-512 with 2 GB of RAM and 2 disks of 250 GB each.

I appreciate your help as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Mauricio Harley

2 Replies 2

BartV1982
Level 1
Level 1

did you follow this

Step 1 Enter the disk disk-name diskxx replace command in EXEC mode at the WAAS CLI on the WAE.

Step 2 Verify that the disk drive diskxx is in the Defunct state by entering the show disks details command in EXEC mode. The RAID logical drive is in the Critical state at this point.

Step 3 Move the handle on the drive to the open position (perpendicular to the drive).

Step 4 Pull the hot-swap drive assembly from the bay.

Step 5 Wait for one minute and then insert the new drive into the same slot by aligning the replacement drive assembly with guide rails in the bay and sliding the drive assembly into the bay until it stops. Make sure that the drive is properly seated in the bay.

Step 6 Close the drive handle.

Step 7 Check the hard disk drive status LED to verify that the hard disk drive is operating correctly. If the amber hard disk drive status LED for a drive is lit continuously, that drive is faulty and must be replaced. If the green hard disk drive activity LED is flashing, the drive is being accessed.

Step 8 Wait 1 minute and then verify that the replaced disk drive is in the Rebuilding state by using the show disks details command in EXEC mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note The ServeRAID controller automatically starts the rebuild operation when it detects the removal and reinsertion of a drive that is part of the logical RAID drive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 9 Wait until the rebuild operation is complete. You can check if the rebuild operation is complete by using the show disks details command in EXEC mode. The physical drive state will be Online and the RAID logical drive state will be Okay after the rebuild operation is completed.

A 300-GB SAS drive may take up to 5 hours to finish rebuilding.

If you have multiple disk failures and your RAID-5 logical status is Offline, you must recreate the RAID-5 array by following these steps:

Step 1 Enter the disk logical shutdown command in global configuration mode to disable the RAID-5 array.

Step 2 Enter the write command in EXEC mode to save the running configuration to NVRAM.

Step 3 Enter the reload command in EXEC mode to reload the system.

Step 4 Enter the show disks details command in EXEC mode to check the system configuration after the system is rebooted. At this point, the disks are not mounted and the logical RAID drive should be in the Shutdown state.

Step 5 Enter the disk recreate-raid command in EXEC mode to recreate the RAID-5 array.

Step 6 After successful execution of the previous command, enter the no disk logical shutdown command in global configuration mode to disable the logical disk shutdown configuration.

Step 7 Enter the write command in EXEC mode to save the configuration to NVRAM.

Step 8 Enter the reload command in EXEC mode to reload the system.

Step 9 Enter the show disks details command in EXEC mode to check the system configuration after the system is rebooted. At this point, the disks should be mounted and the logical RAID drive should not be in the Shutdown state.

Step 10 Wait until the rebuild operation is complete. You can check if the rebuild operation is complete by using the show disks details command in EXEC mode. The physical drive state will be Online and the RAID logical drive state will be Okay after the rebuild operation is completed.

Hello, Bart,

I appreciate pretty much your contribution, but, my disk is not bad! I solved the problem downgrading the version to 4.0.0.19 following the sugestion of a friend of mine and everything is good now!

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards,

Mauricio Harley