Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WAAS and IP multicast.

I'm about ready to implement WAAS 4.1 in our environment which already has IP multicast, using PIM sparse-mode anycast RP, and need to know if there are any configuration considerations with WAAS in a multicast environment.

I will be configuring WCCP with standard 61 and 62, and using standard WAAS pretty much out of the box - nothing special. Because multicast streams will be going across the same WAN links that will now be optimized with WAAS, do I need to excluded the multicast streams, or do I need to do anything?

Actually, now that I think about it, the multicast streams - I'm pretty sure - are UDP in nature, which by itself will insure that WAAS knows nothing about them and therefore pass them through. Is that a safe assumption?

• Application Networking
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: WAAS and IP multicast.

Jim,

WCCP only applies to unicast traffic. In addition, as you mentioned, the WAAP WCCP implementation only redirects TCP traffic.

Regards,

Zach

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.