Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS causing extra prompts for credentials

Brent Rockburn
Level 2
Level 2

Hi guys,

So when I install the WAAS mobile client onto one of our branch boxes it's causing extra prompts for credentials to pop up every few seconds. I read what I've pasted below already but our branch servers are running DNS and don't use IP's to communicate back to head office.

Has anyone had this issue and how was it fixed.

Thanks,

Brent

CSCsm78019-Cisco WAAS Mobile causes extra prompts for credentials when users access a file server by IP address, or when the CIFS client cannot use Kerberos authentication with the file server. Workaround: Use host names instead of IP addresses

2 Replies 2

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Have you enabled both proxy and WCCP modes?

atirella
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running this on a Vista client? If so perhaps this release note applies:

CSCsy72308-In some deployments, Vista clients may occasionally be prompted for credentials by the domain controller. Workaround: Verify that the domain controller has been excluded from being accelerated.

One solution that would solve it is to simply bypass the the server in WAAS Mobile using the IP Exclusion List. If it is a domain controller it is likely that that is not a file server and therefore is not the primary need of optimization.