cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS - CIFS

rm2017
Level 1
Level 1

When enabling CIFS acceleration for the first time (TFO works fine), I created a connectivity directive between the edge and the WAE. I did not specifically define file servers for the core. Users at the edge site began having logon problems and either couldn't logon or got temporary profiles. I noticed that I did not have DNS settings configured on the edge WAE. Could this be the reason for the logon issues or is there something else I should look into?

3 Replies 3

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

What version of WAAS are you using? Is EPM disabled? Also, definitely make sure DNS is configured at both the edges and cores.

Dan

Running 4.0.17 and EPM is disabled. Have you ever heard of profile issues caused by a misconfiguration w/ CIFS on the WAE?

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

I've seen issues where there is port speed/duplex issues. You can check those (it's always the last thing I check and often it's the issue).

Where is the AD server w/profiles, local, behind the core or at a third site? Do you see the CIFS connections in your "Sh tfo con summ" or are they inside the CIFS tunnel "sh cifs session list"? Usually login servers have SMB Signing enabled, so they should show up as optimized full in "sh tfo conn summ".

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: