Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS CM Standby offlin

I have a problem with the CM standby and was wondering how to troubleshoot to identify the exact issue or the cause of this behaviour.

I have a WAVE 274 as CM primary and a WAVE 574 as CM standby. everything was working fine until I wanted to do some labs offline without connecting to production environment. I removed the standby from the network and then made it primary. I wanted to keep the configuration already in its database... I changed it's IP to become the one of the primary and then it started going offline and I couldnt connect to the UI anymore; show cms info shows cms_httpd service not running.

I then cleared its database and rechanged its IP and put it as secondary; it resynched with the primary WAVE-274 but then started showing as offline then online then offline... now it's always offline.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this matter or if anyone has encountered similar problems; how do you troubleshoot them?

Thanks

Patrick

1 Reply 1

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Patrick,

Do you disable and re-enable the CMS service after you changed the IP address of the standby CM?

At this point, I would recommend clearing the standby configuration with the command cms deregister force and then registering with the primary CM again.

Regards,

Zach