Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS-CMS-4-700001 messages after upgrading to 4.0.19

I have just started to upgrade my WAAS devices to 4.0.19, one of the WAAS devices gives the following errors every 5 minutes co-inciding with the CMS update

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): CmSecureStoreParseHelper:parse: secure-store is not initialized.

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): CmSecureStoreParseHelper:parse: ShowCmSS=secure-store is not initialized.

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): CmSecureStoreParseHelper:parse: isInitialized=false

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): CmSecureStoreParseHelper:parse: isOpened=false

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): CmSecureStorePcmHook:fromCLI::calling SecureStore fromCLI:

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): CmSecureStorePcmHook:fromCLI:: init:false

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): CmSecureStorePcmHook:fromCLI::open:false

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): CmSecureStorePcmHook:fromCLI::Completed SecureStore fromCLI:

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): Parsed 'System.secureStore.open' with default value: false

hemwad01 2008 Aug 21 08: java: %WAAS-CMS-4-700001: ce(DataFeedPoll): Parsed 'System.secureStore.init' with default value: false

7 Replies 7

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

http://download-sj.cisco.com/cisco/content-delivery/waas/4.0/WAAS-4.0.19.14-Alarm_Book.html#700001_anchor

Alarm 700001 (cms_test_alarm) CMS test alarm with instance value -instance- was raised. Title is used in CM UI.

Sev: Minor, Cat: Processing

Explanation:

This is a test alarm defined in CMS code. This alarm is identified by tuple (340001, instance), which means that the system may have several raised alarms with ID 340001 that have different instance values. The instance is usually used to link the alarm to particular data item (that is, a disk failure, a channel having troubles with acquisition and distribution, and so on).

Action:

The message displayed in the CM GUI or the CLI tells you the action to take.

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

Also,

appears this is a minor alarm with no action to take.

WAAS-CMS-?-700001:

Explanation: An event has occurred for which no further explanation has

been provided.

Action: No action for this event has been documented.

enclosed url for alarm / error message explanation: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/waas40

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

One other thing, Check to see if you have secure store enabled on the CM. all devices must have secure store (encryption) enabled

Note All WAE devices in a device group must have the same secure store setting.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas/v4019/configuration/guide/groups.html

All WAE devices in the group must have secure store enabled, or all WAE devices must have secure store disabled. Before you add a WAE device to a Device Group, set its secure store status to match the others. See Configuring Secure Store Settings, page 9-9.

I have upgraded about 9 of my WAAS so far and 4 are giving the above messages. The CM has not been done yet, all documentation says do it last. Will these messages stop when the CM is upgraded?

Did you check if encryption was enabled? I would continue the upgrade and upgrade the CM as well when complete.

Are you able to register to CM?

You may want to try "cms deregister force"

This will clear all cms info.

Then cms enable.

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

eventually found the problem, On the WAEs reporting this message I had the syslog setup to receive error messages, the other were setup for critical,as Secure store was only introduced in 4.0.19 did not see this message before

One last thing since upgrading to 4.0.19 our WAE-7326 at the core reports a minor error as follows

the interface inlineport 3/1/wan is in bypass mode

the interface inlineport 3/0/wan is in bypass mode

the interface inlineport 3/1/lan is in bypass mode

the interface inlineport 3/0/lan is in bypass mode

the inline ports are not configured

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: