Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS + Copying Windows files = Error

ewelch
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am trying to setup an optimized Datacenter/Branch WAAS solution.  In my datacenter, I have my CM connected to the user VLAN.  I have my core-wae (512) connected to my WAN router (2811) on a dedicated ethernet interface.  At my branch, I have my edge-wae (also a 512) connected to a dedicated ethernet interface on the branch WAN router (1841).  For both routers, I have WCCPv2 enabled with "IP WCCP 61 redirect in" configured on the LAN facing interface and "IP WCCP 62 redirect in" on the WAN facing interface.  From a computer at the branch office, I can browse windows based shares.  When I try to copy a file from a server (at the datacenter) to the computer, It hangs and eventually crashes.  If I attempt to copy from a command windows, copying the same file, after a bit of time, I get the error "The network service is no longer available" (or something like that) error message and nothing gets copied.  If I disable WCCP on the routers, I can copy the files without error.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

19 Replies 19

BTW,

The branch WAE is attached to a dedicated ethernet interface on the 10.6.128.254 router.  This is the last router before entering the cloud at the branch office.

Eric

Attached is the config for the branch WAE and the core WAE

Attached is also the edge router config and core router

Eric,

Thanks for the information.  In lacorertr.cfg, I don't see service group 61 applied to any interfaces.  Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with the configuration or routing.  Would you be willing to do a WebEx so we can troubleshoot live?

Zach

Zach,

I had to disable WCCP because of the problems it was creating for our branch users.  I would be very willing to do a webex.  I don't k

Jan Rockstedt
Level 1
Level 1

Eric,

Do you have Digitally sign enable on the server?

See below.

We have seen a lot of issues with this.

Example:

Not able to mount remote drive.

Security problem on folders, solved when we remapped the drive.

Off and on problem to copy file to remoted map drives from diffrent program och from windows explorer.

Jan Rockstedt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: