Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS file write issue

ankit_parikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Hopefully someone has come across this error before. We have a WAFS setup with 6 remote sites around the world. There is one particular site which just acts as an Edge file engine (call it site X). Recently we enabled WCCP on site X. We changed the user login scripts to point to actual file shares and not the alias names. WCCP interception is wroking fine. The packets are getting redirected and stored in the cache. So when the users at site X copy files from file servers at Core sites, the copy operation seems to work as intended. But when they try to write to a file server, they get an error message.

I captured one error message from the Excel file that a user was trying to save back to the core file server. The error is as follows:

Event Type: Information

Event Source: Application Popup

Event Category: None

Event ID: 26

Date: 23/02/07

Time: 11:11:01

User: N/A

Computer: xxxxxxxxxxx

Description:

Application popup: System Process - Lost Delayed-Write Data : The system was attempting to transfer file data from buffers to \I:\fileshare\folder$\docs\36E05000. The write operation failed, and only some of the data may have been written to the file.

I read about the resolution for this error from microsoft, but it doesnt work. The problem is not with windows. I get this error on Windows NT,2000 and XP machines. Its got something to do with WAFS functionality.

I have rechecked the access lists on the router doing WCCP. They are correct.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Ankit

2 Replies 2

brispin
Level 1
Level 1

I had a same issue i applied the service pack for win2000 and it did work out.

I did some more testing and found out that when WCCP is enabled, I cannot write to those file shares (file shares registered with WAE and listed in the redirect list of WCCP service 89) from X. If I try writing to other file shares, I have no problems. Does WAFS try to authenticate users when they try to write to the core file shares?

Ankit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: