cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS in the ASA VPN enviroment

rodoneal09
Level 1
Level 1

Got a client that does alot of heavy printing accross a private VPN tunnel.   The link is connected to an ASA5520 on one end and the other end has a 5510

one of the sites in the US and the other in Austraila.   The client is complaning about slow print across the links.   BTW, the link is a 2 Meg  link between the site.   My question: If I install WAAS in this enviroment, will it allow for better speed in printing the files?   Also, I have done some reseach, I just want to be sure that WAAS will work across a VPN tunnel.   Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes WAAS should just work fine with VPN  There are many customer who are doing that but it might be worth your while to verify the specific application rules on the WAAS and see if your application is affected. Print services should get optimized though.

For installation and how it should be installed in customer's network i would suggested getting in touch with local Cisco pre-sale team and get POC done or see in lab how it goes.

Regards,

Kanwal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: