Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS NM Enterprise vs. Transport License

Hi all,

I am evaluating the WAAS Network Modules for the 2811 routers and it is not very clear to me the difference between the Transport License and the Enterprise License.

Can I do CIFS optimization and file caching with the transport license or do I need the Enterprise license?

Does anyone has some documentation that explains more clearly the difference between the two licenses?

Regards.

4 Replies 4

Transport license includes the layer 4 transport optimizations (TFO, DRE, Compression ...). The Enterprise license includes all the Layer 4 optimizations plus the layer 7 "application adapters" such as the file/print protocol optimizations.

If you want to run a CIFS environment and

wants prepositioning and print services, then the Enterprise license (which includes WAFS) is required on all "Edge/Core" WAEs.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Also note that the NME-WAE-302 only supports the transport license.

Thanks,

Zach

DO WAE-512-K9 AND WAE-612-K9 comes with transport and enterprise license or is it required to get the enterprise license seperately.

Mohammed,

The software licenses are purchased separately for WAAS, regardless of the hardware platform used.

Thanks,

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: