Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Problems (CIFS, FTP, XOSOFT)

jad.sadek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting and error ont eh WAE as per the attachements. How can I get rid of this error.

I have the setup where the WAE at one end is behing a PIX 7.0 and the VPNs between the branches over the internet are terminated on routers. I configured the pix to allow the TCP option 0x21 (33) and the discovery between the WAEs worked properly. First the CIFS traffic was maped under "Mapped Default" then after some time the CIFS traffic was mapped properly under CIFS. Still the FTP traffic is mapped under "Mapped Default". Is there anything I missed on the PIX for FTP traffic related to the FTP mode... The inpect FTP is applied on the PIX and the ASA at the other end.

Also, how can I optimize XOSOFT application, which uses dest TCP port 25000 and dynamic source ports, in the best way.

Finally, is the Mapped Default of some known applications related to the TCP sequence number randomization by the PIX?

Regards,

Jad

2 Replies 2

Daniel Laden
Level 4
Level 4

The error is caused by the presents of crash files on the WAE. Telnet/SSH into the WAE and review the directory /core_dir and /crash.

If the files have recent date stamps and you want to find the cause, open a tac case. If not, delete the files. The alarm should clear about 10 minutes after the files are deleted.

For WAAS to work with a PIX/ASA, you will want to enable 'inspect waas'. You may need to upgrade your PIX/ASA OS.

Hope this helps,

Dan Laden

So I have a similar issue. I need to remove the TCP Option (0x21) 33 from the packets. I dont have an ASA or PIX. I use sidewinders. Anyone have any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: