Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS: Question about the bandwidth of the sub interface on WCCP router

snakayama
Level 3
Level 3

Hi everyone,

According to the "Configuring Traffic Interception" on Cisco Wide Area Application Services Configuration Guide (Software Version 4.0.7), I find the following note

----------

Additionally, limit the amount of bandwidth that can be received on the LAN-side interface of the router, to help the router keep its interface queues less congested and provide better performance and lower CPU utilization. Set the maximum interface bandwidth on the router to no more than 10 times the WAN bandwidth capacity. For instance, if the WAN link is a T1, the LAN interface and WAE LAN interface bandwidth should be throttled to 10 * T1 = 10 * 1.544 Mbps, or approximately 15 Mbps. See the Cisco IOS documentation for more information.

----------

I am testing WAE/WAFS to measure, confirm how much optimized for CIFS traffic.

My test environment is as follows, and test method is that client executes open/save/close 10MB power point on the server with Cisco benchmark tool.

Client

|

|

C2811-1/NME-WAE

|

|

WAN (NIST Net) BW:256KB

|

|

C2811-2

|

100MB

|

Switch ---100MB--- WAE

|

100MB

|

Server

So in this case, do I have to configure the bandwidth of dedicated VLAN between C2811-2 and WAE with 2.5MB (256KB x 10) ? that is, do I have to configure the bandwidth of sub interface on the C2811-2 which connect to WAE as 2.5MB to limit the amount of bandwidth that can be received on the sub interface on the C2811-2 ?

If so, how I can achieve it ?

It can achieve by configuring CBWFQ with bandwidth command ?

Your information would be appreciated.

Best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Nakayama-san,

The configuration recommendation to limit the traffic entering the router was intended for legacy (i.e. non-ISR routers). Since you are using a 2811, I would recommend that you test WAAS without these limitations configured.

Thanks,

Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Nakayama-san,

The configuration recommendation to limit the traffic entering the router was intended for legacy (i.e. non-ISR routers). Since you are using a 2811, I would recommend that you test WAAS without these limitations configured.

Thanks,

Zach

SEILS

Seils-san,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I understand it !

Best regards,