cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Redirect -list on 4506

frankamankwah
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a redirect on my 4506 device to restrict some data from being processed by the WAE located in my datacenter. Outside the redirect-list command, how do I prevent data from being processed by the WAE?

The IOS I am running is bootflash:cat4500-entservicesk9-mz.122-40.SG.bin and I run WCCPv2 on both the edge and the core appliances.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Frank,

Redirect lists are not currently supported on the 4500/4948 platforms. This limits your ability to perform more granular redirection (beyond what is specified by the WCCP service group).

Zach

Zach,

Thanks for your timely response. Is it possible to use the service group approach to block subnets that I do not want the WAE device to process?

On another note, if I have 2 frame relay subinterfaces. Where do I need to apply the "IP wccp 62 redirect in" command. Should I put them on only the physical interface (S0/0) or on both of the subinterfaces (S0/0.100 and S0/0.109)?

Thanks

Frank,

Not sure I understand the question about "the service group approach". Can you please elaborate?

For the second question, WCCP would be configured on the sub-interface (i.e. the ones with the IP addresses configured).

Zach

Zach,

Please allow me to rephrase my earlier question.

How can I prevent certain subnets from being processed by my core WAE that connects to the 4506 without using the redirect-list? You made mention of the service group method and I wanted to know how I could use that to stop certain traffic from being processed by the WAE.

You can configure a policy in WAAS for the subnet(s) you want to bypass and set the policy-map action to 'pass-through'. There is no way to prevent the 4500 from the redirecting the traffic.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: