cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS / WAFS and hidden shares

pthaynes
Level 1
Level 1

It may be a strange question but can I preposition hidden shares on a WAAS device? I have tried manually entering in the share name in the "root share and directories" part of a preposition directive in the format /sharename$/

It seems that the preposition copies the files into the WAE's CIFS cache, but once I do that I can't access the files in the hidden share anymore.

My other question is once I preposition some files to my WAE is there a way that I can selectively delete items from the CIFS cache (I am thinking of deleting the files in that particular share if possible as a troubleshooting step).

Regards,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Peter,

Yes, WAAS will pre-position hidden shares. Can you please elaborate on not being able to access the share after pre-position?

To your second question, there is currently no way to delete specific files from the CIFS object cache (other than deleting the file on the origin file server (from a session through the WAFS Edge).

Regards,

Zach

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Peter,

Yes, WAAS will pre-position hidden shares. Can you please elaborate on not being able to access the share after pre-position?

To your second question, there is currently no way to delete specific files from the CIFS object cache (other than deleting the file on the origin file server (from a session through the WAFS Edge).

Regards,

Zach

Zach,

The files in the hidden share that we pre-positioned were for SMS packages. Once we pre-positioned them we were no longer able to deploy those packages to clients. I am a little suspicious that the real issue is with SMS - not the files themselves.

On the subject of deleting specific files in the CIFS object cache - is there any way to actually SEE the files that are in the cache, rather than deleting them?

Thanks for your help.

Peter

There is no way to view the contents of the cache.

Zach

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: