Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS WCCP Method

johng231
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

What is the recommended method for configuring WCCP on the WAAS to register to an ISR router running version 12.4(24)T? I been going back and forth on whether or not to use L2 forward/return w/mask or GRE forward/return w/mask or hash. I have to do the egress method as "negotiated-return" because of the way we have 2 ISR routers setup.

2 Replies 2

gwhuang5398
Level 2
Level 2

GRE redirection when using ISR. L2 redirection is not supported on ISR. "egress-method" can be "negotiated-return" as recommended by Cisco or "IP forwarding" which is the default and works just fine.

Thanks

Thanks for responding to my question. You can however perform L2 on an ISR router running 12.4(20T) or higher. I'm running 12.4(24T) and was wondering if L2 on an ISR will cause CPU to spike up... A huge benefit to go with L2 is you can see the original and optimized side traffic using TCPDUMP with a pre captured filter on the command line... I may leave it at GRE forward & return if the CPU would be an issue, may be can use this method with mask assign instead of the default hash; this way I can get better load balancing by going with mask assign, but then again I'm not sure if using mask assign will cause any issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: