Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WAE- 674 with EMC SRDF Traffic Question ?

Hi all,

I have a WAAS demo at a customer.

I have installed two WAE 674 boxes inline, at both ends of a 50mbps Metro Ethernet line between two EMC SANs. These EMC storages perform huge data replication during the day. All of the traffic  is EMC SRDF traffic, nothing else.

Before putting the WAEs inline, the Metro line utilization had been around 49Mbps, ok so the WAN link was fully utilized.  WAE 674s installed and bandwidth usage has dropped %12 percent, something around 44 Mbps.

EMC guys are telling me that, before WAAS, it used to take 7 hours to copy a 40GB data from one site to the other, with WAAS it came down to 1.5 hours. So yeah I know story is great so far.

What I dont understand is the attached graphics taken from CM, WAE1 and WAE2. All I see is %20 reduction in original traffic. Shouldnt this value be much greater than that ? Otherwise what could be the reason of having much shorter replication times compared to before ?

I have gone through couple of datasheets and marketing slides about WAEs and I have seen that with EMC replication traffic WAAS causes at least 2x optimization.

Both WAEs have default configs, so I havent customized anything in the SRDF classifier on WAAS.

I would really appreciate it, if some of you , can go through the screenshots that I attached and give me some thoughts and diretion to what value to customized and etc.

Thanks in advance.

Dumlu

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content