cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAE and filer latency

theophile
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I can see some logs into our WAE (WAE-612-K9) but I cannot find any useful information to fix it:

Host X.X.X.X:445 was not discovered, bypass period: 60 sec, number of events: 1, reason: high/unknown Core<=>Filer latency

I don't understand this filer latency... I suppose the connection is not optimized? Thanks all for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ping the server from the core WAE by name and Ip to ensure name resolution and connectivity.

By default, if an edge is under 5 ms or if a core WAE is over 25 ms from a file server, it will not use the CIFS AO. However, if the traffic is being intercepted, it should be using tfo, dre, and lz. This is by design as WAAS is engineered to have the cores sitting next to the file servers to eliminate the CIFS latency effects over a WAN link.

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ping the server from the core WAE by name and Ip to ensure name resolution and connectivity.

By default, if an edge is under 5 ms or if a core WAE is over 25 ms from a file server, it will not use the CIFS AO. However, if the traffic is being intercepted, it should be using tfo, dre, and lz. This is by design as WAAS is engineered to have the cores sitting next to the file servers to eliminate the CIFS latency effects over a WAN link.

Dan

Thanks for your reply, and yes the average latency is over the 25ms so CIFS is not in use! Many thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: