cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAFS and App Acceleration

patrickg
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure an Edge Device to do App Acceleration and File Services. However when I do a "sh cifs auto-discovery last" I get a message "not connected to cluster". Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patrick,

An edge has to be connected to a core cluster (containing one or more WAEs running the core service) via a connectivity directive. This is basically a mapping of the edge to the core with bandwidth and latency definitations. This will let the WAE determine how much CIFS traffic it can send through the WAN link. You can set these connectivity directives up in the SERVICES tab in the GUI under Connectivity.

Hope that helps,

Dan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patrick,

An edge has to be connected to a core cluster (containing one or more WAEs running the core service) via a connectivity directive. This is basically a mapping of the edge to the core with bandwidth and latency definitations. This will let the WAE determine how much CIFS traffic it can send through the WAN link. You can set these connectivity directives up in the SERVICES tab in the GUI under Connectivity.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: