Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WCCP version 1 vs. version 2

I am going to be running WCCP between a 510 CE and a 1700 router near my edge for a small customer.

There is documentation for both the WCCP version 1 and 2 on the Cisco Web. I cant really figure out from reading the documentation what the differences are? Something relevant to WCCP service groups.

Please help. Thx

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: WCCP version 1 vs. version 2

Kevin,

You can find an overview of WCCPv2 features here:

http://cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/conntsw/ps491/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00801cc94a.html#1032439

They include:

- Multiple router support

- Improved security

- Faster throughput

- Redirection of multiple TCP port-destined traffic

- Load-distributing capability

- Client IP addressing transparency

~Zach

Thanks, Zach!

I read the article and picked out the following to ask you:

WCCP Version 2 Prerequisites

Before you use WCCP Version 2, you must complete the following tasks:

Properly install and configure a cache cluster connected to one or more routers.

Configure IP on the interface connected to the Internet and the interface connected to the Content Engine. The interface connected to the Content Engine must be an Ethernet or Fast Ethernet interface.

Based upon this, and with the understanding that I only have I router and content engine talking to one another (i.e., I dont have a cluster) does that not eliminate me from being able to use version 2??

Bronze

Kevin,

Cluster support is a feature, not a requirement. You can still use WCCPv2 with a single router and content engine.

~Zach

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content