cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Site status & performance monitoring when CSS's and NAT is used.

jizatt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Giles, I have to setup monitoring of web sites, as many as 10 per Windows 200X Servers, running IIS 6.

I have been trying to monitor with Cisco's SNMS which uses WhatsUpGold. I can discover and monitor the indiviual web servers but not the actual sites.

Our acrhitecture has the IIS instances configured using only port and host names. Our DNS resolves the web URL's to the CSS VIP of the content rule. The CSS then applies the traffic to the service rule to the server containing the web site. We NAT everything. This example is for HTTP. We are currently still on CSS11150's with separate SCA's for SSL , we have purchased 11506's with internal SSL mod for future deployment.

My question would be, Is there a way to monitor the indivdual site on the server? The results I get when configuring the web site is either down when the tool has the instance configured as a host or Up unless the complete server is down when configured as NT Server monitoring HTTP service.

Sorry for my long post...

1 Reply 1

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure to understand the question.

But if what you want to do is monitor each sever independently, the only solution is to make sure they are accessible through the CSS.

Either by using ip addresses that are accessible from your management station or by configuring VIP for management only.

If I can recommend a management tool for the CSS it would be the host solution engine (HSE).

If this is not the answer you expected, do not hesitate to rephrase your question and I'll give you a better answer [if possible :-)]

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: